top of page

Board of Zoning

Planning and Zoning are the methods through which local government controls growth and development within its jurisdictional area, and each serves as a valuable management tool for local officials. Planning is the process through which local government determines land use, present and future, and complies the data needed to periodically reassess those determinations.

The Plan Commission composes, amends and oversees the Zoning Ordinance. They control all Primary and Secondary Plat /Subdivision Procedures. They control all zoning and rezoning of land. They review Special Exception Use applications and give recommendations regarding Land Use to the Council and Board of Zoning Appeals.

Zoning is a legal mechanism for implementing the plan. The Board of Zoning Appeals grant or deny applicants requesting a Variance(s), (which is a request for a use of land that is out side the “permitted uses” as written in our zoning ordnance, or a Development Standard Variance, again requesting permission to build something bigger or small, or closer to a property line, etc. than what is deemed as “permitted” in the zoning ordinance.)

Zoning Administrator

Tena Woenker
Phone:  (260) 627-6321      Email:

Members of the BZA Board: 

President: Denny Worman, David Gall, Robin Liechty, Jerry McDaniel, Tim Richards

The Town of Leo-Cedarville requires that an Improvement Location Permit be obtained for the following:


All residential dwellings, other detached accessory buildings (sheds, pole barns, gazebos, fences), detached and attached garages and carports, temporary structures, signs, swimming pools, alterations, modification, remodeling, or additions (residential and commercial), tents (commercial only), demolition, all commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings, structures other than buildings (including satellite dish, towers, antennas), surface and subsurface drainage work (including land alteration), street cuts, curb cuts, storm sewer hookups, removal of trees and plants within buffer yards or right-of-ways otherwise required by this ordinance, placement or moving of manufactured or mobile homes, parking lot construction, alteration, or removal, ponds or lakes, mineral extraction, telecommunication facilities, and any exterior construction that adds to or alters the height, building materials, existing structure.

bottom of page